Indian Tennis Stars’ Performance at U.S.Open,2012
Close on the heels of their disastrous performance at the London Olympics the Indian tennis team put up a mixed bag show at U.S. Open,2012 which will conclude today at Flushing Meadows,New York.Only the ace Leander Paes partnering Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic) seeded fifth reached the final of Men’s Doubles where they had to bite the dust against the Bryan brothers of U.S.A.In the mixed doubles Paes and Elena Vesnina (Russia) runner up in Wimbledon earlier this year and seeded third could not make it beyond the Quarter Final.Like Wimbledon India’s Mahesh Bhupati and Rohan Bopanna again had a forgettable tournament.While the pair seeded eighth was eliminated by the Australians Mathew Ebden and Bernard Tomic in the first round of Men’s Doubles in mixed doubles both partnering different players did not progress beyond the second round.Sania Mirza along with Bethanie Mattek Sands (U.S.A) got only as far as the second round in Women’s Doubles.In Mixed Doubles she along with Colin Fleming (U.K) lost in the quarter final.
1) Leander Paes (India) and Radek Stepanek (Czech Republic) b Dustin Brown and Christopher Kos (Germany) – 6-3,6-3.
2) Mathew Ebdin and Bernard Tomic (Australia) b Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna (India) – 6-3,7-6.
3) Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek b Joao Souza and
Thomasz Bellucci (Brazil) – 7-5,7-6.
4) Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek b Jesse Levine (U.S.A) and Marianko Matosevic (Australia) – 6-1,6-3.
5) Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek b Julian Knowle (Austria)
and Filip Polasak (Slovakia) – 6-2,6-4.
6) Leander Paes and Radek Stepanek b MarcelGranoilters and
Marc Lopez (Spain) – 6-6 (Scratched)
7) Bob and Mike Bryan (U.S.A) b leander Paes and Radek
Stepanek – 6-3,6-4.
1)Sania Mirza (India) and Bethanie Mattek Sands (U.S.A) b So
rana Cirstea (Romania) and Alberta Brianti (Italy) – 6-1,6-1.
2) Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek Sands b Darija Jurcek
(Croatia) and Katalin Marosi (Hungary) – 6-4,6-2.
3) Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci (Italy) b Sania Mirza and
Bethanie Mattek Sands – 6-4,6-7,6-3.
1) Mahesh Bhupathi and Andrea Hlavack0va (Cezch Republic) b
Mitchell Kruegar and Samantha Crawford (U.S.A) – 6-2,6-4.
2) Sania Mirza and Colin Fleming (U.K) b Andrea Petkovic (U.K) and Eric Butorac (U.S.A) – 6-2,7-6.
3) Leander Paes and Elena Vesnina (Russia) b Raquel Kops-Jones (U.S.A) and Treat Conrad Huey (Phillipines) 6-4,7-5.
4) Anastasia Rodisnova (Australia) and Jean Jullian Rojer (Holland) b Rohan Bopanna and Jie Zheng (China) 6-2,7-5.
4) David Marrero and Nurea Vives (Spain) b Mahesh Bhupathi and Andrea Hlavackova (Czech Republic) – Scr
5) Leander Paes and Elena Vesnia b Abigail Spears and Scott Lipsky (U.S.A) – 4-6,6-4,10-8.
6) Sania Mirza and Colin Fleming (U.K) b Mealanie Oudin and Jack Sock (U.S.A) – 6-4,7-6.
7) Frantisek Carmak and Lucie Hradecka (Czech Republic) b
Leander Paes and Elena Vesnina – 7-6,7-5.
8) Marcin Matkowski (Poland) and Kveta Peschke (Czech
Republic) b Sania Mirza and Colin Fleming – 6-3,7-5